Christian Street Talmud Torah Christian Street Talmud Torah (the red building)
Grodzinski's Bakery Grodzinski's Bakery, which adjoined Fieldgate Street Synagogue. Chaim Grodzinski, a founder of Grodzinski's, was vice president of Redmans Road Talmud Torah.
Goides bakers The former premises of Goides a famous East End bakers and caterer, in Wentworth Street
Friend and Co The former butchers shop of Friend and Co, 40 Wentworth Street. Note the orignal blue and white tiles, to the left, sticking out beyond the modern frontage
Jews Temporary Shelter The Jews Temporary Shelter in Leman Street provided a place to stay for penniless immigrants.
Stepney Green Dwellings Stepney Green Dwellings, erected by Lord Rothschild's 4 per cent Industrial Dwelling Company in the late 19th century
Aldgate sign The sign above Albert's, Aldgate, marking the former offices of a Yiddish newspaper. JEECS has adopted it as its emblem.
Wall plaque Wall plaque opposite the soup kitchen in Brune Street commemorating those who have passed through the East End
Drinking fountain Drinking fountain outside St Botolph's church, Aldgate, dedicated to Frederic David Mocatta (1828-1905), bullion broker and philanthropist. He was a member of a Sephardi banking dynasty.
Robert Montefiore School Robert Montefiore School
Stepney Jewish School Stepney Jewish School Purim Play of January 1937
Stepney Jewish School Stepney Jewish School in 2007
Stepney Jewish School Stepney Jewish School: a 1938 class photo
ArbourSquare The Raine’s Foundation School in Arbour Square
Sidney Street The Lodzer Café at 97 Sidney Street, directly opposite the site of the siege at 100 Sidney Street. It was known as the Lodzer Café because the owner came from Lodz in Poland.
Jubilee Street Caves Dairy in Jubilee Street